Saturday, June 30, 2018

Haiti - June 30 - July 5, 2018 - Leadership

July 1, 2018

Thanks for the prayers!  This morning we went to church at MPCA.  We enjoyed our time with our Haitian brothers and sisters.  The rest of the day we relaxed (caught up on sleep), went swimming, and prepared for our time with the Student Leaders.  Andy and Darren spoke about the importance of taking personal responsibility and how leaders must fill their own cup if they want to serve well.  Ben, Josh, Mekennah, Grace, and Addi helped by showing the Haitian students photos of the exhausted worker and also participated in a dodge ball activity that helped illustrate the main points.  Everyone is doing really well.  Tomorrow we get to work with the student leaders again and paint some chalkboards.  Please keep those prayers coming!



July 2, 2018

Today we worked with the Student Leaders again at MPCA talking about Mission Possible's core values (Christ-centered and Respect).  We also taught on 2 habitudes (Iceberg and The Opportunity Statue).  With these lessons we had many fun activities which included human knots, water balloons, and breaking free from ropes.  The students seemed to love everything and we enjoyed it too.  After lunch we went back to MPCA and painted chalkboards in many of the classrooms.  We even had a few Haitian "helpers."  Everyone is doing well and drinking plenty of water.  Thanks again for the prayers.












July 4, 2018

Grace- Today I gave my testimony to all of the MPCA Haitian student leaders. After I spoke, they all got in a circle to pray over me. Very emotional and touching.

Kennah (duck)- Thanks mom for naming me duck. My name means duck in Creole. All the Haitians quack at me every time they see me. Josh is currently hanging a lizard from his finger. This is definitely a very fun group and we laugh constantly about everything. Also, I have not won a single game of Uno yet.

Addison - Thanks mom for not naming me duck. This trip has been amazing and I am loving every minute of it! Except the cockroaches. Grace, Kennah, Ben, Josh, and I spoke for the integrity lesson to the MPCA Haitian student leaders today. My first time speaking to a big group through an interpreter.

Ben - Today at MPCA, I got my hair forcefully braided by several Haitian girls and then got beat bad by several Haitian guys in soccer. I can't say I'm exactly built for the heat, but meeting the people and experiencing the culture has made up for it. While my French is sub-par at best, it has been fun to practice and attempt to communicate with the Haitians in their language.

Andy - This week has been amazing.  God is certainly at work.  It has been neat to see the kids come out of their shell and really grow in confidence and faith.  I have really began to fall in love with the place my wife fell in love with many years ago.

Josh~ Hey y'all i'm not kidnapped, that probably wouldn't be good.  The trip has been amazing so far, we have built solid relationships among the group and with the Haitian people. The group is very fun and we spend most of our time laughing. Spending time with the Haitian people, especially the youth has been very inspiring; their passion for Christ and community has been very eye opening. I sincerely look forward to the rest of the trip.

Darren~ The group has been doing great this past week.  You should all be so proud of your sons and daughters.  They've been working hard and giving their best at everything they do.  To quote Andy above, "God is certainly at work."  I couldn't agree more!  Your prayers have definitely been felt by the entire group.  Love you Megan and Mia!







July 5, 2018

So we enjoyed our last full day in Haiti.  We traveled to Lahatte and visited the community.  We played with kids in the village blowing bubbles and jumping rope.  They were so excited!  Then we went to see the construction at our Degeance school.  After lunch we went to MPCA again to paint more chalkboards.  Once we were finished, our Leadership Academy Grads joined us for dinner.  It was great to see the men and women that help run the organization.  This week has been life changing for many of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment